It is our belief that the more involved parents are in their child’s education; the better the student will perform academically. This is why Parents of students at Renaissance Charter School at Crown Point sign a contract at enrollment to provide 20 hours of required volunteer hours for the first child, and 10 hours total for all additional siblings. A total of 30 hours is a requirement for all our families with 2 or more children.
You will need to RENEW/REGISTER as an ADDitions Volunteer at the link below before starting your volunteering with us.
We ask that each family has half of their required hours met in the first semester (Aug-Dec), and the other half met in the second semester (Jan-May). Your volunteer hours will be listed on your child’s report card every quarter.
Please log in to your child’s POWERSCHOOL account https://csusa-fl.powerschool.com where you can check your child’s academic progress, view volunteer opportunities and your current total volunteer hours’ year to date. The student(s) of any family that does not meet the volunteer hour requirement by the end of the school year may lose their child’s seat and need to reapply for the upcoming school year which may require being placed on the waitlist.
You can log in to POWERSCHOOL https://csusa-fl.powerschool.com to view a list of our upcoming in-school events, programs, parties, field trips and community outreach opportunities. There will be a Sign Up Genius Link provided in the comment section for our parents to use to sign up for the different volunteer opportunities.
There are many opportunities for parents to assist at the school with or without planning ahead of time. All volunteers must be scheduled with a teacher/staff member prior to volunteering or our office staff will identify a location in the school where your services are needed at that time.
Volunteers must be available to follow instructions given by the teacher and cannot have younger children with them that would require some of their attention. Volunteers should make arrangements for younger children to be cared for at home.
Remember to bring valid identification (driver’s license or state issued id) when you are volunteering at a school. Please first stop at the main office to sign in, have your id scanned, and a badge issued to you.
You can view a list of the different volunteer opportunities at RCCP by clicking on this link: https://csusa-fl.powerschool.com and signing up with the Sign Up Genius link provided.
- Morning Care 6:30-7:30am
- Breakfast assist and clean-up (6:30-7:30)
- “Mission Lunch” Duty in the cafeteria 10:00-1:00
- “Car Line Crew” Dismissal Duty in the p.m. (2:30-3:45 daily)
- “Rock Star Room Parent” (Reading Groups, Class Parties, Chaperone Field Trips, Techer Appreciation, Organizing, etc.)
- Plan and Support School Wide Events (Picture Day, Book Fair, Field Day etc.)
- Donate “Good” uniform tops & bottoms
- Provide Supplies for Teachers “Wish List”
- Wash & Dry Uniforms in nurse’s office for “emergencies”
- Participate in our many PTC Activities, Fundraising and Community Events
- Change Grade Level Bulletin Boards (each one gets updated by 1st of each month)
- Sort Lost & Found
- Check PTC bulletin board to assist various committees
- After School Care assistance (3:00-6:00pm)
- Extra hands in the Art Room (Schedule with art teacher)
- Parent Teacher Council (PTC)
Thank you again for being a part of our Renaissance Charter at Crown Point Family and helping to make our school Great!